Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What's in a Name Part 2

What’s in a Name!

You know I didn’t explain how my parents came up with MY name!  My father’s born name was Sheldon.  He was chubby all his life.

He was made fun of by the kids in the neighborhood.  “Hey Shelly the Jelly Belly”. 

Well, he said when he had children he would NOT name them anything which could be made fun of.  So, he selected Daniel Joseph for my brother and Carol Ann for me.

I was safely living my life without anyone making fun of me until the year Poltergiest came out.  Now, not a day passes where someone doesn’t tell me to come to the light.

As for my father, when he hit 40 he changed his name to Jacob.  I asked him, why.  He said he was tired of being called Shelly the Jelly Belly.  So, I asked, what do they call you now, Dad?  His reply, “Shakey Jakey”!

No comments: